The Green Party of
Virginia is the electoral arm of the Green movement in
Virginia. Recognized by the Virginia State Board of elections, the
GPVA, made up of
affiliated locals and at large members, is the only
Green Party in Virginia accredited by the Green Party of
the United States (GP-US), which in turn is recognized by the
Federal Election Commission (FEC). Hundreds of Greens belonging to the
46 State Parties accredited by the GP-US have been elected to public
office, including several in Virginia.
We invite you to join the
Green Party of Virginia in building an alternative political party and
a movement dedicated to promoting our Ten
Key Values, including ecology, democracy, justice,
community and peace.
Update your contact info
(requires your membership ID #, which is
emailed out regularly)
Want to support the GPVA without becoming a member? Subscribe to our news
list and/or make a
Meetings & Events
The next GPVA state meeting will be held Saturday May 19, 2018 at VTU in Blacksburg. Agenda is posted HERE.
To keep things organized, if you are considering submitting a new proposal at future meetings, it is suggested
that you download a
Proposal Form, fill it out, and have copies handy at the
meeting. Remember to break down long proposals into shorter,
individual proposals to increase the odds of success.
2018 and Beyond
Have an idea for a
grassroots issues advocacy campaign? Contact the Chair of
the Activism Committee.
Green Party is Fully Committed to Peace!
- Opposition to the unpatriotic Patriot Act
- Publicly Funded Campaigns
- Open Source Verifiable Voting Systems
- More Voices and More Choices on the Ballot
- Open Debates Inclusive of Third Parties and
- Women's Rights, including access to health
care, job equality, and a Woman's Right to Choose
- Put an End to Racism
- Repeal Repressive Homophobic Laws - Full
Equality for Members of the LGTBIQ Community
- Single Payer Health Care
- Affordable Housing
- Living Wage
- End Corporate Rule! Corporations should not
have status as legal persons.
- A Level Playing Field for Family Farms
& Small Business.
- Fair, Progressive Taxation
- Affordable Tuition
- Free/Open Source Software
- End the Death Penalty
- End the War on Drugs
- Traffic Reduction/Rail/Smart Growth
- Mattaponi River Dam/Prince William Reservoir
- Clean, Affordable Alternative Energy. No
nukes, coal or other antiquated, expensive and unsustainable power.
- Identification of the Worst Local Polluters
- End the colonial status of our nation's
DC Statehood Now!
Releases of Green Activities
the Issues with Your Fellow Greens